Dental Education & Assessment
Dental Education and Assessment
This programme is suitable for members of the dental team, who wish to further develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in dental education and assessment. It is suitable for dental trainers, mentors and coaches, moderators, supervisors and administrators at all levels of the dental team who are involved or wish to become involved in dental education.
Students undertaking the programme must complete a short online induction after which all learning will be carried out on our virtual e-learning platform.
Study is part guided and part self-directed and students have a maximum of 26-weeks to complete the Certificate programme.
This qualification is awarded by Dental Team Qualifications (DTQ). The DTQ assessments are all e-based assessments carried out in a controlled environment.
Students are required to maintain an activity log, and development plan, both of which are available within OTT’s e-learning environment.
Who is the programme aimed towards?
The Certificate Dental Education and Assessment is aimed at members of the dental education team, who wish to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in dental education and assessment.
What is the area of study?
There are six mandatory units to achieve the Certificate. All of the units can be studied online to develop knowledge, understanding and skills. The units are:
- Theories of Education; background, key terms
- Delivery of Education; including IT skills and producing learning materials
- Workplace; Education and Assessment within the workplace. Includes a reflective portfolio (ROA) which forms part of the Assessment.
- Oral Assessment
- Setting Assessment
- Marking Assessment
How is the programme delivered?
All units are delivered online using our e-learning environment. Students are guided and supported by a Tutor/Mentor.
How is the qualification assessed?
The students’ knowledge, understanding and skills are assessed by the completion of a number of assessments on their virtual e-portfolio. These e-assessments take a variety of styles, which ensure that all units of study are assessed fairly and proportionately.
Students have three attempts at each e-assessment. The e-assessments are carried out in acontrolled environment and submitted using the e-learning platform.
How long will the programme take?
Students are given up to 24-weeks to complete the study and then a further 2 weeks to complete and submit their e-assessments.
This equates to approximately 6-7 hours of study per week.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Monitor, support and reassure students using effective communication throughout their learning journey
- Encourage students in a manner that motivates and empowers them to learn
- Apply relevant educational theory to the delivery and facilitation of learning across the dental team
- Recognise, explain and demonstrate ability to adapt to the differences in learning styles
- Demonstrate appropriate skills in a variety of media styles using different technologies
- Describe a range of educational evaluation tools and the roles of audit and research in dental education
- Explain the need for and record an accurate account of student progression, including the setting of objectives, monitoring, reviewing, evaluating and forward planning
- Plan, setup and lead lessons or tutorials effectively
- Discuss the uses of formative and summative assessment
- Explain the process of standard setting, including question writing and assessment styles
- Apply appropriate marking and rating criteria fairly and consistently
How much does the programme cost?
The course fee is £895.00
- A one-time payment in full of £850 attracting 5% discount
- Monthly instalments of £149.00 over six months adding up to £895
What is included in the cost?
- E-Learning registration
Fees are non-refundable
In the event of an unsuccessful first assessment attempt, there is a £25 fee for each e-assignment re-sitApply Now